home about gigs follow me

Tuesday 28 July 2015

two weeks in Luxembourg

After the whole month away I'm back at home! Yay! Well, sort of..
Don't get me wrong - I did miss my family and friends (and my room where I feel the safest).
It was the first time I was away for so long and I thought that I'd be more homesick but it wasn't that bad actually. I wouldn't mind going somewhere new, tomorrow even. I guess I just have a 'travel bug' and I always feel the urge to travel.

Anyway, the first week of July was definitely the best so far - I attended music festival, ate good food and had fun in general. I was excited because right after I came back from Gdynia I had to pack again as I was leaving for Luxembourg the next day. I flew to Belgium and than I had to take the shuttle bus to Lux.
 Oh, how I missed this city! It's so calm for a capital yet there are always so many things going on! A great balance if you ask me.

For the most of the time there I was a nanny to my cousin's four years old. I'm an only child and I have never really spent much time around kids in general so I thought it would be a struggle for me but it turned out to be a great experience! I was surprised how patient I can be. I guess you always learn!
The 'job' was demanding though, having no working hours and having to constantly be there got to me once or twice but I didn't have much to complain about. 
During my stay not only did I earn some money but more importantly I managed to meet with my lovely friend Anouk who invited me to another blogger event in Luxembourg. It felt very special and I'm super grateful for everything this girl has done for me. Thanks again!
One evening I went to Mamacita to have dinner with Anouk. We had reservation inside the place but the weather was so nice that we wanted to change our seats and go outside. The first attempt failed though but we didn't give up so I went up to the guy and asked again. He said that it's fine so for the rest of the evening we could sit outside, eat our salads and talk about travelling, music and meeting guys on Tinder (as you do)
Every day looked pretty much the same. Waking up around 7 am (or 8 if Jacob let me!), giving him breakfast, then me having breakfast, going to the playground, coming back, dinner, naps etc. I don't even know when those two weeks have come to an end. 
It was worth it though. I could spend some time in Luxembourg (which is still one of the most beautiful cities I've been to), go shopping, see my friends, make some more friends...
Before I left for Poland I met up with my Italian friend for a little stroll. We went to Interview, the pub where we met back in January, then we walked around the city and had some delicious sushi. I've had it for the first time then and oh my! It's so good! So good that I had to have some right after I came back home.
Yeah, home. As good as it feels to be surrounded by familiar places and my loved ones, I can't help it but daydream about the future. Future travels, future life.

Next year I'm graduating and my biggest goal for now is to get accepted into one of Danish universities. Some people want to live an American dream, well, for me it's a Scandinavian one. I don't have a clue what's so intriguing about Denmark but I love it there and I can't wait for it to become my home that I've been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment