home about gigs follow me

Friday 23 October 2015

london

Of course I couldn't stay away from travelling for too long. That's why, when things at school started to be a little too off putting and when an opportunity to explore London with my good friend Anouk arose, I had nothing else to do but just to pack and set off.
I must say it was my first travel completely on my own. I mean, I went to Berlin by myself as well but England is further away than Germany so I am pretty proud of myself for not getting lost!
It felt so good to be back in the city as back in 2012 I didn't have much chance to explore as me and my friend were in London only for the sake of the Foster The People's gig.
After meeting at Victoria Station, me and Anouk took a little stroll around the centre. I was astonished by the beauty of London once again. Even the weather turned out to be in our favour as it wasn't raining and was definitely warmer than in Poland! 

When it was getting darker we decided to grab something to eat. We went to Tibits - a vegan restaurant located in a quaint neighbourhood. I've heard lots of great things about their food and I must admit - it was very good! They have a wide range of dishes you can choose from so it was definitely a struggle not to get everything. After delicious dinner we went to Urban Outfitters event but it turned out to be not as cool as we thought it would be so we went to other shops instead.

My host could meet me after his concert has ended so Anouk kindly waited with me at one of the cafes. We had some drinks and talked about pretty much every topic there is. It was so nice to be able to get to know her more, Anouk is such an inspiration to me and I couldn't be more grateful for a friend like her.

Around 10 pm I took the underground to Baker Street and met with Lucas and his CS friends. Immediately I felt like we'd get along and I wasn't wrong! It was a tiring but definitely a nice first day in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment