home about gigs follow me

Tuesday 22 July 2014

lana del rey in berlin

It's been over a month since my trip to Berlin, so I thought I should write this post before I forget about all the stuff that have happend! 

We had a really good sleep and that's why we woke up an hour later than we supposed to (Ikea beds, huh?). Never been in such a hurry like that particular morning. In case you didn't know - it gets crazy when in comes to Lana Del Rey's concerts. Everyone wants to be in a front row, so we had to start queuing really early. We ate a quick breakfast with Reinhard and Isabelle and went to Spandau Zitadelle. Of course we got lost quite a few times, but after approximately thirty-something minutes ride we got to the destination. About fourty people have been there already and it was only 8 am! We met nice girls from our country and started queuing with them. I even talked to a Joffrey, a guy from Netherlands, who met Lana over ten times! 
After a few hours of waiting our friend Klaudia came and gave us our tickets and some food. 


It wasn't that bad as I thought it would be - people were way nicer than 
the last time in Warsaw.
We were sitting right next to the barriers.
We saw Lana's crew transporting instruments and other stuff.

After eleven hours of waiting things got crazy. Everybody stood up and was really nervous.
Around 5 pm the security guards opened barriers and the biggest marathon in my life started.
Let me tell you this - wearing boots wasn't the best idea! If I had my converse on I'd be first!
I didn't have the worst place in the end - I was in the second row (then more in the first one) so it
all was good. Funny thing - when I got to the stage I noticed that I stood behind my friend that 
I haven't seen for over a year! And I didn't know she was coming, so that was a big suprise.
Max Jury was Lana's support. Fell in love with his music, it's so calming!
He gave a really good performance. Totally worth checking out!

And then Lana came out. And it was perfect (let me have my fangirl moment for a sec, please).
I've seen her live once before and this time it was even better. 
Her vocal has improved so much and she looked perfect!








 Unfortunately she hasn't perform any other songs from Ultraviolence besides West Coast 
and Ultraviolence, but the gig was amazing anyway! Had so much fun, even though she didn't
 come to us and we didn't get a photo or anything. 
The surroundings were really beautiful. An ideal place for Lana's concert. 
After the concert has ended we had to come back somehow. 
Reinhard gave us a lift in the morning, but we had no idea how to get back to his place.
Thankfully when we got to the underground we met a lovely girl named Jenny and her friend 
from Belgium Alain and they gave us a hand! Without them we'd be so lost!
We we're talking all the way to the Alexanderplatz and it turned out that
we have a lot in common! I love meeting new people and they were truly amazing.
Hope we'll meet again in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment