home about gigs follow me

Saturday 14 February 2015

arrival in berlin, eating cake and wanders at night

I had a blast during my trip to Berlin. I went there to celebrate my birthday and well... to spend some quality time with people whom I absolutely adore! I'm so grateful for all the opportunities that I have and sometimes I just cannot get over the fact that I'm so lucky. Prepare for a long post this time as I've taken a lot of pictures!
 After arriving at ZOB I took U2 and headed to Alexanderplatz. Few more minutes of walking and I got to Reinhard's flat. I was tired after the journey but I also couldn't wait for all the memories that were about to be made!
Reinhard introduced me to Isabella, who's doing an internship in Berlin and her boyfriend, Lorence. They were so lovely! We ate a delicious chocolate cake that they've made and talked about travels and stuff.
 I also showed them postcards from the town I'm from. We all agreed that it's nothing special.
We listened to some great tunes and around 8 pm we all started to get ready. Lorence and Isabella were heading off to the airport and me and Reinhard had reservation for a visit in Reichstag. I was so excited!
 Berlin was so calm and quiet that night.
 Before we could enter we had to go through security check (almost like at the airport).
 Reichstag is so impressive! The architecture and views made me speechless.
 I was happy that we decided to visit the Parliament in the evening because obviously the atmosphere was way more magical than during the day.
After seeing everything we thought we'd go to Potsdamer Platz as we heard in the radio that George Clooney and a couple of others are visiting due to Berlinale. 
 We had the best views during our little stroll through Berlin.
After wandering for quite some time we decided to head back home. No George Clooney for me this time.
I made us something to eat and then around 1 am Reinhard started singing "Happy Birthday" and gave me the sweetest present ever. I totally forgot that it was 11th already. We had some wine and talked about politics and Reinhard's charity work in Amazonia. It was an interested evening but the next day was going to be even more exciting... But I'll write about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment