home about gigs follow me

Thursday 19 February 2015

distrikt coffee, berlin

The next day I woke up around 7 and after having slept for not even 5 hours I didn't look my best let's be honest. Nevertheless I got ready and headed to the Alexanderplatz where I was meant to meet my dear friend Jenny. We were going to celebrate my birthday together and I couldn't be happier about that.
To start off we decided to have breakfast out. The choice was obvious - Distrikt Coffee. After people raving about their pancakes we knew that we had to try them. The place itself wasn't hard to find and after some time we were inside. A really nice girl welcomed us with big smile and took our order.



Of course we opted for the pancakes. Aaaand man, they were delicious and really filling. I also went for soy flat white and Jenny decided to have green tea that came in a cute teapot. We were talking about music and gigs, for example last year's Lana Del Rey's gig in Berlin and how we were fans of Avril Lavinge. Jenny also gave me the bestest birthday gift in the universe - tickets for Alt-J's gig in Columbiahalle. I was over the moon as I've been their fan for yeaaars! I knew that day would be one of the greatest in my life - I mean, fluffy pancakes in the morning and Alt-J in the evening? Cannot think of a better way of spending birthday.
I saw that they had their famous bread pudding but we were so full that we couldn't have anything more. But next time I'm in Berlin I'm definitely coming back!
We've come to Distrikt around 9 and after some time more and more people started to come as well.

I think Distrikt Coffee is a really good place not only to have breakfast (you have to try these pancakes though!) but also to relax over a good cup of coffee or tea while listening to great tunes. The atmosphere is very calming, staff is incredibly nice and well... I could have spent there a few hours more if I didn't have Alt-J's gig to attend :) The prices are reasonable for the quality you get. To be honest, I don't have anything bad to say about this place - there should be more cafes like that in the city I live in for now!

If you ever find yourself in Berlin, lusting for coffee or a quick lunch, I encourage you to visit this cafe!

Distrikt Coffee

Bergstrasse 68
Berlin, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment