home about gigs follow me

Friday 13 March 2015

goodbyes are always the hardest

It felt like I've just arrived in Germany but yet it was the last day before my departure. Me and Jenny wanted to make the most out of that day and I think we succeeded. Well, let's see.

 Yet again we met very early to enjoy breakfast together. The plan was to go to Five Elephant and try their famous cheesecake but the place was so far away that I think we'd starve to death before we even got there. So we went to Napoljonska instead.
 We wandered through so many quaint streets and of course I had to take a picture of every one of them.
 Can we all take a moment to appreciate this girl's judging look while I was taking this picture? Priceless.
I opted for soft boiled eggs with pomegranate in a glass with tosts covered with delicious tomato spread. And of course (I wouldn't be myself if I did not) - flat white. Can I start all of my days like that?

It was nice to catch up (even though we've seen each other like nine hours before) and just enjoy the morning. Jenny got me some magazines and I couldn't be happier. I mean, just look at this Alt-J cover!
 Then we went for a little Photoautomat hunt.
I think it was my favourite street view in Berlin. Just look at it. Still not sure if it's Morgan Freeman on that mural or not, but let's say it is. Yes, Berlin, you're doing it right!
We weren't sure if we'll even find that photoautomat and if it will be working but in the end we succeeded. I'm still laughing when I think how ridiculous we must have looked. We had no clue how that little box worked and the pictures turned out really funny. But I love them anyway!
After that, we bought some fruit salads and Innocent juices in one of the supermarkets and took 100 and 200 buses to take us around Berlin. We had the best views possible and it was so nice to just bask in the sun, enjoy our salads and share some dreamy thoughts. 
In the meantime we went to newsagent's and spent some time watching magazines. Oh my, even thinking about those covers and textures makes shiver. Hopefully someday I'll work for a cool magazine like Frankie or Mark.
Friedrichstraße was our next destination. I wanted to find a camera store but ended up not succeeding so we decided to go to another fancy shopping mall where we drooled over some Michael Kors bags. To cheer ourselves up we bought some macaroons to enjoy later.
In no time we got to the Checkpoint Charlie. I have never been there before so I found it quite interesting to finally be able to see it myself.
The plan was to attend an exhibition with pictures of Kate Moss but we lost track of time and it was no point of going there. Some time after my departure Jenny did go after all and she said it was amazing.
We headed back to the flat and found Isabella there. We made some coffee/tea and had the rest of the amazing chocolate cake that Isabella had previously made. And while the sun was setting we talked about all the great opportunities we have, travelling and music. 
I mean, kind of a perfect evening if you ask me.
As it was getting darker, we took our things and went out for the last time. We were laughing about how much we've been walking during those two days and just having good talks in general. It's astounding how much me and Jenny have in common.
 Yet again, Berlin didn't disappoint us with its beauty. I could wander through this city for hours. And maybe it's not New York but still it has a special place in my travel heart.
Then Jenny took me to the most amazing book store in the whole universe. I don't even remember the name but it's not relevant. I would buy every single book they had in there (if they aren't that expensive though).
I even threw another coin to the Neptune Fountain - I did it back in June when I was in Berlin with Beata and in not even a year I was back, so maybe this time it will be similar.
We spent another hour or so on wandering and talking about our future plans but unfortunately it was getting really late and I still had a suitcase to pack. It was time to say goodbye not only to Jenny but to Berlin as well. I couldn't be more heart-broken. I hugged Jenny for the last time, hoping we'd see each other soon and left Alexanderplatz. With tears in my eyes, as you do.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment