home about gigs follow me

Saturday 16 May 2015

copenhagen diaries: day two

It's 10:30 on a cloudy Sunday morning and I've been awake for quite some time now. Boys are still asleep and I'm patiently waiting for them to wake up. In the meantime I'm talking with Vincent, making sure that me and Peter actually get to his place without getting lost every five minutes.
 Soon the three of us have the very much needed dose of caffeine and porridge.  (as usual) We're having a pretty laid-back morning but now it's time for me and Peter to get our stuff and go to the other side of Copenhagen.

We say our goodbyes and I'm rather sad to be leaving but at the same time I am super stoked about the next part of our Copenhagen adventure. 
It's bittery cold and it starts to rain but I'm being positive. Weather doesn't really matter when you're somewhere making your dreams come true, does it?

When it comes to the Danish grammar and pronanciation it does not make any sense (sorry) so after all we do end up being in a totally different part of the city as we miss a few bus stops. Thankfully a polite bus driver shows us the way and it's all good. 

By the way, I actually like getting lost as I have an opportunity to see things that I wouldn't in the first place.
I call Vincent and I get a bit confused when he asks whether we had passed "mouth sigh". "Well, we had not" I think to myself but later on I actally get to know what he meant. 


We get to Vincent's place and it's like we have known each other for years, which is rather nice, especially because we've only just met. We're having a lovely chat about pretty much every subject there is and Vincent is making us some delicious coffee. We listen to his stories about crazy adventures in the States and China and I'm amazed. I need to visit those places sooner or later.

Coffee is good but we decide to take a stroll around Copenhagen. We need to see Little Marmaid after all so we take our things and get out.

 We walk a bit and there it is! Little Marmaid. (which was bigger than I expected actually, since everybody says that it's very small)
 We keep on walking and we pass the harbour.
Vincent shows us how much he loves his city and gives us information on pretty much everything we pass (which I totally adore!)
For example, he tells us all about Opera House, why it looks like it does etc. And I'm thankful for that as normally I would not get to know those things.
I'm so inspired by the cheerful attitude and knowledge that Vincent has that I feel an urge to take a cheeky picture of him, haha! (hope you don't mind)
We decide to have an afternoon coffee (it does not matter that we've already had two or three) so we go to the oldest cafe there is in Copenhagen - Konditori La Glace.
We order coffee but the struggle to choose the cakes is real. We end up having those two which taste like heaven. We get our coffee in a pot and Vincent tells us that that's because Danes really do love their coffee. (I mean, isn't Denmark the perfect place for me?)
They're closing soon and the waitress is giving us those little signs that we should take our stuff and get out. She's lovely though, smiling and all.

We get back to Vincent's and we decide to have some Indian. Vincent is a chef that night and we're not allowed to touch anything. Instead of helping, we decide to take some pictures instead.

Between cooking, Vincent's showing us his favourite website ever and it's hard for me to believe how cool he actually is. Not only he's the most intelligent person I know but also loves cats, food and travelling. (of course those aren't all of his great qualities) So glad we had an opportunity to meet!

The evening is very nice - we are having the most delicious curry ever, drinking some chai and watching TV. Isn't it the greatest way to end a day? I think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment