home about gigs follow me

Saturday 27 June 2015

Jordaan

Today I came across some pictures that I completely forgot to share. I took them when me and Peter decided to visit the most beautiful and charming neighbourhood in the whole of Amsterdam - Jordaan.
 
 The Jordaan used to be a working-class neighbourhood but now it has become one of the most expensive and upscale locations, dotted with art galleries, shops and restaurants.
 I love how that cat is just chilling next to the flowers, maybe he thought he was one too.
 We were very lucky that the weather was on our side that time. The sunlight made everything even prettier.

I've read that the origin of the name "Jordaan" is as a derivation of the French word jardin, meaning garden and I think that's very accurate - most streets and canals in that neighbourhood are named after trees and flowers and they can be found pretty much everywhere, especially in the spring and summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment