home about gigs follow me

Saturday 20 February 2016

flax&kale, barcelona

Hi there! It's been a while, hasn't it? It's all because I'm graduating from highschool in three months (how crazy is that?!) and currently I'm rarely even going out. But guess what? I escaped the horrible Polish winter and piles of school assignments and flew all the way to sunny and pretty as heck Barcelona. Before I share about my trip, I'd like to tell you something more about a great place to grab a bite!

I've been on this health-bandwagon for a while now but since I went vegan couple of months ago I wanted to find a nice breakfast spot that would offer vegan options. As Flax&Kale is said to be the place in Barcelona of course me and my boyfriend had to go there!
Before I tell you something more about the food I feel like I need to mention the location and the interior of the place. It's not hard to find but something's telling me that getting lost would be so worth it as the streets around are ridiculously charming, especially when the sun is shining and people are in rush to get to school, work etc.
Vibes of this restaurant are up my street, the interior is pretty calming, mixing minimalism with a Spanish twist. Ideal spot to start your day right!

On our first day we opted for the famous acai bowl. I've been wanting to try it out for months now and I totally understand the hype. Not only is it delish but also very good for your health! It even looks great. Add a latte with Tiger Nut milk (first time I've tried it also) and your day is meant to be amazing.

We liked the place so much that we decided to go back the next day. This time we shared homemade coconut yoghurt with fruits and smoked tofu wraps. Both were finger licking good!
Even though it was the beginning of the week, the place was pretty much full so it shows how good it is I guess. If you ever find yourself basking in the sunny Barcelona, I'd totally recommend checking this place out.



No comments:

Post a Comment