home about gigs follow me

Thursday 9 June 2016

meeting lana del rey!



 Hi there! So today I'm coming with really exciting news! I met Lana Del Rey a few days ago! It's been one of my biggest dreams and I'm so happy it happend. I launched this blog right after I came back from Berlin where I attended her gig so it all feels so special to me :)



I went to Warsaw on Wednesday and had a sleep over at Ola's. We were so excited to see each other again and possibly meeting Lana that we couldn't sleep at all. I couldn't believe that there was a chance to actually meet Lana. It all felt like a dream.


 We woke up around 6am and the plan was that Ola was going to sit her exam and then I'd meet her so the both of us could go to the airport again but when we saw on Instagram that some of Lana's musicians were already in Warsaw, we ditched that plan and decided to go to Bristol instead.

We've been waiting near the hotel for several hours and nothing happened. Then our other friends joined us after travelling from Germany and Gdynia. Me and Ola were exhausted so I can't imagine how the girls felt like after taking the plane and sleeping for like 40 mins, haha!

We were disheartened because nothing was happening so we took the bus and went to the airport. There were qute a few fans there already so we felt like it might actually happen. But after several hours we got an info that Lana's already landed so we quickly went back to wait near the Bristol.

Around 6pm I felt like it's all for nothing, like there was no chance that we will meet her. After waiting for so long we were pretty tired and felt kinda hopeless. But there was this guy standing near us and he told us that he knows the manager of the hotel and that she will be coming soon so we stayed. And man was it the right thing to do! 

Around 7pm we saw a bus coming and we all run to the side entrance. My phone was almost flat but I was so excited that I didn't care that it might die in a second!


There she was! Wearing the sandals that she always wears, smily and looking very happy. I couldn't believe it was happening!! I was the second one to take a picture with her and she was soooooo nice! I asked if I could kiss her on her cheek and she said: Of course! I guess I took only few pictures and then my phone died. Only the picture I posted is kinda nice so I won't share the other ones. I hugged her and she signed my favourite cover with her silver marker. Then I looked around and Ola seemed to be nowhere to be found so I started looking for her. She was crying her eyes out and I was too shocked to shred a single tear, lol! I took her phone to take some more pictures as I couldn't with my phone. Lana was so patient, taking pictures, signing the CDs, magazines etc. She said her favourite colour is blue. I was standing right next to her and it felt like a dream. Some girl asked her what's her recipe for success is. And there was I, standing right in front of Lana, listening that dreams do come true, we just have to pursue them. Then I asked her if she would perform Off To The Races and told her that it's my favourite one and she charmly laughed and said: Really? I will actually! I also told her that she looked beautiful with her new hairstyle and she thanked me. Then I hugged her one more time. Oh man, I will never forget that moment! I wish my phone didn't die so I could take a better picture with her or maybe record the meeting but well. It all will be forever in my mind.

I'm not like a psychofan or anything like that but I'm just so stoked that my dream come true. I understand that her music isn't for everyone and her lyrics are rather specific but she has this special vibe to her that I love. She's so down to earth and polite. I love people like that. I can totally relate. And well, she seems to live in her dream world and I tend to daydream a lot as well.

That was probably one of the best days in my entire life.


No comments:

Post a Comment